Yamashita Innovations NZ - Trash Stash Tippet Keeper
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Orders $200+ ship free in Canada!
- $50 min. order to qualify for shipping.
Those crazy Kiwis have done it again. Home to fly fishing innovations such as the NZ yarn indicator system and wearing short shorts over man-tights, New Zealand fly anglers always have a unique take on techniques and gear. We saw this product in the wild and knew we had to bring it in to the shop. The design is one of the most clever solutions to the age old problem of loose tippet clippings that we have seen. Anglers in this hemisphere are already taking note. - The staff @ BRT
From Eric Yamashita:
Managing your leader and tippet is one of the keys to success in fly fishing. This means you're changing lengths and replacing line when that stroppy fish drags you up and down river finding every possible snag along the way.
The Trash Stash gives you a tidy way to store all that discarded line until you get home. Simply insert the waste line into the opening and turn the bottom. Trash Stash gobbles up all that messy line and keeps it nice and tidy for you.
Want to store your tag ends too? Holes at the top give you a convenient way to dispose of those too. Just be sure the "door" of the inner chamber is closed so they don't escape into the wild. Speaking of that inner door, you can use that to stash split shot and old flies too. Rotate it open, drop in your trash and close it back up.
When you get home, remove the bottom and cut the line along the slot in the tube. Now discard your waste line pre-cut into nice safe size pieces. How simple is that!
Please be kind to our environment. Even if you don't buy a Trash Stash, be sure to take your waste line home with you. Don't leave it on the bank of the river! Please be kind to the environment we all enjoy.
- Innovative rotating design
- 3D printed starch-based biodegradable plastic
- Interior Velcro hooks
- Easy to remove tippet into trash safely by cutting with scissors
- Keeps plastic out of the wild places you like to fish!
- Made by fly anglers in New Zealand
- Product dimensions: The round tube is about 85mm or 3 5/8" long and is 25mm or 1" diameter. The base is 28mm or 1 1/16" diameter for the knurled end.
- Weight: 25g