Sage R8 CORE Fly Rods
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
- Orders $200+ ship free in Canada!
- $50 min. order to qualify for shipping.
For most of us, an idyllic day on the water is not when we’re thinking more, but when we’re thinking less. Finding that state of fishing in the moment, where instinct and experience bring us to an almost Zen-like awareness of each subtle motion and movement—that’s what R8 is all about. It’s not a race, but a state we all aim to reach out on the water. With R8 we enhance that two-way connection from hand to fly and back for greater feel, flow, and control.
R8 Core is a rod family focused on maximum versatility and applies new revolutionary material technology through our forward thinking lens of what we’re seeing out on the water where one rod needs to show even greater range. At its Core, R8 Core traces a direct lineage to Sage’s multi application vision, one shaped by the fishing evolutions happening all around us—from habitats we stalk and waters we frequent, to the flies we fish and the diversity of species we now target.
- Revolution 8 Technology
- Silver Pine blank color
- Slate primary thread wraps with graduated White and Grey trim
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides with hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Black rod bag with new quick-tie cord lock for faster, easier, and cleaner storage
- Aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
- Premium Flor grade snub-nose half-wells cork handle
- Sustainable Ziricote wood insert with anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Premium Flor grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Gunmetal anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat